Total Pageviews

Monday, December 08, 2008

Grandparents

Wow...Debbie and I are grandparents. It's almost surreal.

Last Friday (December 5th) we received a call from Christie that she was in labor. So we immediately drove over to Grand Rapids, Michigan and were there throughout the afternoon, and early evening as little Georgia Grace Cummins was born around 9:40 P.M.

A beautiful baby girl.

I rarely get "shocked" but I was shocked when they told me that they named her Georgia Grace (they hadn't told any one about the name). It caused me to tear up as I was felt extremely privileged and blessed.

Christie and Andrew are going to make great parents.

As I told our church family yesterday, I went down to the gift shop in the hospital and bought about 40 dollars worth of stuff for Georgia.

One of the things I bought here was a t-shirt that has on the front, "if you think I'm cute, you should see my grandpa."

I commented to Debbie on our way home that I feel a definite life change, seasonal change coming on in our lives. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I know it's there. Some of you who are grandparents could probably fill me in on this.

All I know is, we are blessed. Great kids, now a beautiful granddaughter.

Thanks, God, for your graciousness to us.

No comments: