Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Rejoicing over the good

I sank a 40 foot putt last night. I suppose I should be humble about it, but after all of the frustrating shots that golf affords, it feels good when something like that happens.

After it went in, I was cool. I simply tossed my club aside and gave my best "Tiger Woods imitation" with the fist pump and going on one knee while yelling. Then I fell on my back and kicked up my feet and yelled some more. Then I gave fist bumps to everyone. But I was "cool".

Here's a thought: it's okay to rejoice when something good happens to us - and when it happens to somebody else.

It's okay to feel good when life treats us right.

And...it's okay to rejoice with others when life treats them right.

As Christ followers, we are really good at mourning with those who mourn, it's the rejoicing with those who rejoice part that stymies some of us.

I'm thankful I was with a group of guys that rejoiced with me.

Although Bob Konrath (our church business administrator) did tell me, "even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and again."

Let's all find something good to rejoice with those around us. The bad is evident enough.

No comments: