Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Describing God

Just for fun, describe God without using religious jargon or cliches. It's hard isn't it? Well, God is, huh, let me think. God is love. That's good, something from the Bible, but what does that mean?

God is Spirit. Lots of things are "spirit."

I can remember a cheer from high school that goes like this, "we've got spirit, yes we do, we got spirit, how 'bout you?"

God is Spirit...hmmmm.

Who is God?

How can do you describe Him? Does He even exist?

Here's what I know: the way I think about God does not define Him. Yet, again, how can we define or describe God?

Is God really out there?

I would suggest to you that more than "out there" He is "in here" in my life, my heart, my spirit.

Well, how can you prove that?

Here's a thought that is kind of reverse logic: "Don't worry about proving God's existence, because no one can disprove it."

I'm interested in your responses? How do you describe God?

2 comments:

Beth said...

Hmmm, what is God to me. God is my true, forever love. He takes care of me when no one else can or will. He is the shoulder to lean on when there isn't one available. He takes care of things we didn't even know needed to be taken care of. He loves us no matter who we are, what we do or say, or how many times we reject him. He won't leave us when everyone else does. When we feel that we are all alone, he is there, holding us, comforting us, protecting us.

Anonymous said...

If God is love, and if God is really in my heart. Then what goes in must come out.

I will love what He loves, and hate what He hates.