Total Pageviews

Monday, July 11, 2005

You never know what a day brings

You never know what a day brings. That's what makes life exciting, but at the same time terrifying for some.

Life has it's ups and downs as was shown last week in London. One day the inner city of London is full of joy as thousands upon thousands of its citizens received the news that they will be hosting the 2012 Olympic Games.

It was a day of rejoicing. The approval rating for Tony Blair soared. All of their hard work was rewarded.

The next day, the next day, this same leader stands before the people of Britain to lead his people through a time of sorrow - after an attack of terrorism.

Even as of today we don't know how many people died.

We just don't know what a day brings.

The Word says in Proverbs 27:1, "Do not boast about tomorrow, for you don't know what a day may bring forth."

We really don't - do we. Oh, we think we do. We have our plans and goals and minds set on what we see for the future, but ultimately life is full of surprises and twists that show that we are not in control.

Each day is a gift from God.

How do I handle the tumultuous riding of the seas of life? By trusting in God.

The Psalmist cries out, "but now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you".

And don't forget, "God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

When life throws you a curve ball, and you cry out for some form of stability, the one constant is God's presence and unconditional love for you and I.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Today is my day for quotes, I guess. I learned long ago that I cannot control my day, my week, my month, or my life. Change always happens whether I'm ready for it or not. So (here's the quote) I try to remember that "flexibility is the key to longevity." Being able to bend like the reed rather than break is important in our lives, we cannot be rigid and uncompromising. God will never give us more than we can handle (with His help, of course) and when He calls we need to step. I would love to say that I don't question change but I'm doing my best not to lie here...change is hard for all of us. To break out of our mold, out of our comfort zone, takes great pressure and we resist as much as we can. But, remembering the key to longevity is important and will help us along our way. Even more importantly, trusting that God will always provide a way for us allows us to accept change (and many other things) with a willing heart.

May God bless you today!