Total Pageviews

Monday, March 09, 2015

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

Debbie and I had a great time with Becky (our daughter) this last Friday evening and Saturday!

We are thankful for three wonderful children!

I really like Francesca's pizza - reminds me of the pizza in France.  (Quattro Staginoni).

I don't know how many attended the Upward Celebration last Saturday - but I do know that many raised their hands - signifying that they accepted Christ as their personal savior!

As our guest speaker stated, leading people to Christ is the "end game" (my words) of why we have Upward Basketball!

Again, huge thanks to those who participated and served the past few months - your time and help is much appreciated!

Looking forward:  Upward Soccer begins in August!

I was thinking today about how time "slips by" - Easter is coming soon.  Spring is coming!

Every so often, we need an "infusion of the Holy Spirit" into our lives, corporately, at Stone Church.  Yesterday was just such a Sunday!

The Holy Spirit is like a wind (that's a metaphor the Bible uses), and the wind blows "where it will".  Our responsibility is to pray and seek more of God's ministering presence in our lives.

Not every Sunday can be a "home run" - concerning the moving of God - but we do desire many more "home runs" of God touching our hearts and lives with his power and presence!

Two people shared of how they felt a "wind" blowing through the altar area during our time of prayer.  Could that be the wind of the Holy Spirit that we read about in Acts 2?
 
This coming Friday evening, March 13th, we are thrilled to have Dick Hardy with us - a nationally known speaker on the subject of ministry, leadership and ministry effectiveness in the local church. We encourage everyone to attend - especially all volunteers, and ministry and church leaders! 7:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. Child Care provided.
 
I am looking out the window of my office as I write this:  Sunshine!  Warm weather is coming!
 
I would encourage you to begin to think about inviting someone to come with you to our Sunday morning Easter services on Sunday, April 4, 2015! 
 
We are anticipating many come to Christ!
 
Can I leave you with this?  I love our church - and I know you do too!
 
With much love.......

No comments: