Total Pageviews

Monday, August 04, 2014

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:
 
Needless to say, I was anticipating God to move yesterday - and He did - for which I am extremely grateful.
 
I never, ever, take his hand upon us lightly.
 
Knowing that people seek after him and are hungering and thirsting - priceless.
 
There is no other place I would rather be on a Sunday morning than in a setting where people are worshipping God in spirit and in truth.
 
Just had lunch with two great friends, Randy and Nancy Jones - pastors in California.  Isn't it wonderful to reconnect with lifelong friends!
 
Beautiful weather outside - let's all enjoy it while we can!
 
It is hard to believe that football season is right around the corner.
 
New services times, Sunday, August 17, 2014:  9:00 A.M. and 11:00 A.M.
 
Thanks to our worship team yesterday - outstanding. 
 
The altar time:  What can I say?  God's power is an intangible, yet real phenomenon that can be experienced by everyone who calls Jesus Savior and Lord.
 
We desire more of your ministering presence in us, Father!
 
If Jesus desired and needed to walk in the fullness of God's presence and power - how much more do you and I?
 
There's a song by the Christian rock group Petra that is called "Godpleaser" (I didn't get to use this illustration yesterday).  The words go like this:

Don't wanna be a manpleaser - I wanna be a Godpleaser
I just want to have the wisdom to discern the two apart
Don't wanna be a man pleaser - I wanna be a Godpleaser
I just want to do the things that please the Father's heart

I just want my life to glorify HIs Son
To make my Father proud that I'm His child before I'm done
No need to pat me on the back or stop and shake my hand
I just want to hear my Father say Well done, well done
I just want to hear my Father say Well done.

We do everything to glorify the name of Jesus!

Reminder:  "Hour of Prayer," Tuesday, 6:30 P.M. - 7:30 P.M.

Love you all.......

No comments: