Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Search me oh God

Let's continue the theme from yesterday of having "plowed ground". To really listen to God, my spirit (soil) but be tilled, plowed, broken and ready to receive as God speaks to me.

Part of that process is keeping my relationship with God strong and uncluttered by sin and disobedience.

Peter writes in 1 Peter 3:12, "the eyes of the lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."

If we strive for righteousness and confess our sins, we can remain close to God.

But keeping and maintaining a relationship with God is an ongoing process.

We can't simply pray once through a list and expect to be done with it. Every day we need to go to God and ask Him to not only forgive us for our sins, but to reveal anything that may be hindering our progress.

David writes in Psalms 139:23,24, "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

Search me oh God. May that be our prayer today.

Search me oh God - not in some kind of morbid, self-inflicting kind of way, but by allowing the Holy Spirit to pin point those areas in our lives that we can give to Him.

And then.....we can truly listen and hear and understand.

No comments: