Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 06, 2010

My mom

I'm am very grateful that I have had some great women in my life. From my grandmothers to my mom to my wife, they all personify the qualities and characteristics of godly women.

This Sunday is mother's day.

I am thankful for my mom.

I love my mom.

That is evident.

But as I grow older and see the big picture, I not only love my mom but I respect her as well.

I think back to when she had children and worked two jobs, one of them at night. I think back to her being a pastor's wife and a mother.

I think back to the sacrifices that she has made over the years so that ministry might take place, going from Springfield to Brussels to Dallas to Springfield, with trips around the world in between.

I think back to her "homeschooling" us the year we went around the world as a family as dad started ICI.

I think back to those times when dad (by necessity) was away on missions trips and she "stepped it up" and seized the role of nurturing her two sons, while teaching in a public school at the same time.

Thanks for your patience with us mom, your love, your concern, and your prayers.

I want to give credit where credit is due.

And now, you are playing a huge role in the raising of Ethan, Luke and Seth. You provide a meal every Sunday for my son, George.

Thank you for treating Debbie as your own daughter all of these years.

You are a caring, giving person, and we love you a lot. What I like, probably most, is your sense of humor, that has carried over into my own life.

I love you mom, but I also respect you. Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: