Total Pageviews

Monday, January 11, 2010

Yesterday

In ministry, I do my best not to ride the high's and lows of church life. I try not to allow myself to get too excited at the good, or too discouraged at the difficult.

It's important to remain steady at the helm.

Yet, I must say, yesterday was just phenomenal. There was a powerful sense of God's presence, of God's spirit.

I have been receiving emails all morning - stating how much our church family enjoyed experiencing God's ministry presence.

I was so pleased as our teenagers were at the altar seeking God. I must admit I teared up in seeing them standing in a line at the altar, and having our older saints pray for them. Wonderful stuff.

Robert Madu did a wonderful job in giving an anointed presentation of the gospel.

Who can ever forget his visual of dirt and the gift?

His thought was that we are all made from dirt (Genesis 2:7: "The Lord God formed the man from the dust (dirt) of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."

God made us from dirt. Yet God has also gifted each one of us with a gift (if not many gifts). Each one of us has been tasked by God to use our gift in Kingdom ministry.

What really spoke to me personally was that we are called upon to celebrate each other's giftings, while at the same time accepting each other "dirt" with love, acceptance and forgiveness.

Powerful, powerful, thought.

We were also thrilled to have Mike and Christine (along with little Elijah) Trevino with us as fill-in youth pastors. Christine sang for us - beautifully.

Let me say, "Thank you, Lord," for the way you ministered to us yesterday. You are so good to us - we desire MORE of you Spirit in our lives!"

Can you pray that with me today? "God send us MORE OF YOUR SPIRIT!"

BTW, the Dallas Cowboys won Saturday evening.....they play the Minnesota Vikings this Sunday....Go Cowboys!

No comments: