Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Church - what's the point?

This Sunday I am beginning a three part series on the church entitled, "Church unplugged."

Three parts:

Church - what's the point?
Church - what's the plan?
church - what's the passion?

What do you think about church. What's the point of church for you?

I would be interested as I prepare my message this Sunday (I will not quote you - only use what you say as a resource).

Stephen King, who writes all kinds of horror and mystery books has recently said, "I'm not a vampire type, when somebody shows me the cross....But organized religion gives me the creeps."

To be candid with you, organized religion can give me the creeps too, if by organized religion we mean ritualism and pomp and circumstance without any life or community between God and people vertically and people to people horizontally.

That is not church to me.

What is the point of church to you?

No comments: