Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The return of Christ

I was raised with a healthy diet of "Jesus is coming" sermons. We've kind of gotten away from that in the realization that Jesus is coming (and I am looking forward to it) but we also have the responsibility to life in the present, in the now.

However, I am longing for the return of Jesus. I mean that. It's not just something I teach, but it's buried deep within the inner caverns of my spirit.

Paul writes in First Corinthians 15:51,52, "Behold, I tell you a mystery: "We shall not all sleep, but we will all be changed - in a MOMENT, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet."

The word "moment" is the greet word "atomos" from which we get our English word "atomic".

It means, uncut, individual, undissected, infinitely small.

The word is a compound of a, "un," and temnos, "to cut in two." When used of time, it represents an extremely short unit of time, a flash, an instant, a unit of time that cannot be divided. A second can be calibrated to on-tenth, one one-hundredth, and one one-thousandth of a second. But how do you calibrate an atomic second? Christ's return will be in an atomic second.

Wow.

How do you feel about that? Are you ready?

No comments: