Total Pageviews

Monday, December 17, 2012

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend

My heart grieves over the adults and children brutally murdered in Newtown, Connecticut.

Let's all continue to pray for the families who have lost loved ones. 

Mental illness plays a role in this - but we also know there is a devil and his demons who are wrecking havoc on the world.  They hate us and are out to destroy us.

We can only stand strong in the strength and power of Jesus Christ.

May God continue to protect us all!

Angelic protection is real.  I encourage you to pray not only the "blood of Jesus" over your kids each day (as they go to school), I encourage you to pray that God will send his angels to watch over and protect them (I am mentioning angels this Sunday).

Thankful for all of those who prayed for me while I was in the hospital.

Thankful for great nurses and staff in the hospital (Silver Cross).

Being that I have not been in the hospital since 1989, I was reminded of not only the physical side of receiving being in the hospital, but the mental and emotional side as well.

Laying is bed, no matter how sick I am, for a person with the energy level I have - very, very difficult.

I am also grateful to Julia Vales, Joanna Campins and Lynn Whittal for bringing by some meals.  What a great ministry that is.  What a help to Debbie and I.  And great food at that!

I did not have malaria.  I did not have typhoid fever.  The results of the test were that I had a stomach parasite.  Given antibiotics.

I feel a lot, lot better today.

Would I go back to Indonesia knowing that I would leave there sick?  Probably not.  But did I thank God for the wonderful time of ministry I had there, while I was in the hospital?  Absolutely.

If Christmas is about anything - it is about missions.  "You shall call his name, Jesus, for he shall save the people from their sins," the scriptures say.

What a powerful presentation of the Christmas message we received yesterday.

I liked all of the tunes, especially the song about "fearing not."

There is a lot to fear out in the world today.  Yet with Jesus, we know that we can "fear not."

Thanks to Pastor Amanda, the choir, the actors, the "sound booth" guys.  Thanks for all of your time and hard work.

I am grateful to the Lord for the many who raised their hands for salvation.  More people in God's kingdom.  Praise God!

We are blessed not only with some great singers in the choir, but with people who desire to and enjoy ministry.

Great to be back with my wonderful church family.

Love you all,

George

No comments: