Total Pageviews

Monday, December 07, 2009

Thoughts from the weekend

Well, a busy weekend...

Friday, Debbie and I went to visit Cecil Swanson (and Jeanette was there as well) at Christ hospital. We had a great visit and prayed together.

Cecil is having a heart catherisation today with a possible stint.

We then went to the Royal Ranger banquet and had a great time - I'm grateful for all of our leaders and their hard work and faithfulness!

Saturday was busy as well with the Saturday morning prayer time - it was great to hear Rick's testimony that after being laid off - God gave him a new job, created just for him - in 22 days (in this down economy that is a miracle).

Saturday evening, Debbie and I snuck away and saw "The Blind Side", a movie about a family in Memphis taking in a homeless high school young man, who is now in the pros playing football.

It is a wonderful movie (even though I am not a big Sandra Bullock fan) with a storyline of redemption, compassion and reaching out to those in need.

I love being surprised in movies that I go into with low expectations.

The movie showed that there is good in the world, there are people who desire to reach out and that it is a good thing to help those who are disavantaged.

Sunday morning....wow...a powerful move of God's spirit.

It's been eight years since I have felt God's presence as I did while praying for people after my sermon. Truly powerful.

And we continued to worship well into the second service as well.

I am grateful for God's moving. May he continue to move in our services?

Last night at life group - we had a wonderful time of prayer for needs, as well as eating Tom Janel's chili (thanks Tom, delicious stuff). We also brought canned good to give to our church food pantry and gave monies to give to needy families in our church.

Debbie and I love going to our life group - it's not only a lot of fun - but it is encouraging and helpful to us as well in our own lives.

Busy, busy, time!

No comments: