Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 22, 2008

attitudes

Attitude. It will make or break you. It will make or break your family, your work and your church.

I can't always tell when someone's opinion is right, but it's fairly easy to tell when someone's attitude is not right.

Attitude. Attitude is a choice. It's my choice. It's your choice. I choose my attitude in whatever situation I am in.

In whatever I am dealing with, I choose whether I am going to have a good attitude or a bad attitude.

One author put it this way:

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on Life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think, or say or do. Attitude is more important than appearances, giftedness, or skill. Attitude will make or break a company --- a church --- a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude that we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past, we cannot change the fact that people act a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude --- I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Great stuff.

A bad attitude at the beginning can be hard to detect but easy to rectify.

But listen, if it's not dealt with almost immediately it can become easy to detect but hard to rectify.

Where is your attitude today? If you have a great attitude, let's celebrate. If you have a bad attitude, ask yourself, "why do I have a bad attitude?" "What can I do to change my attitude?"

More than anything else, I hope, yes, I pray that we will continue to have good attitudes.

Not everything will go my way or your way all of the time. There are limits to life bending itself to my rules. To your rules.

Viktor Frankl, a concentration camp survivor, once wrote, "Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: To choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s way."

May you choose wisely this day.

No comments: